Monday, September 20, 2010

What's Your Legacy!?

I am not one who is really good with words, and expressing my feelings in a very "articulous" way (if that's even a word), but there are just some things that need to be shared no matter how I slaughter them.  Thankfully I have many great friends who can interpret for me, and other great friends who just know what I'm trying to get out.  So please bare with me.

The beginning of this summer was filled with many HIGH hopes for me personally and as a family.  However, all that changed in the blink of an eye.  On Memorial Day, Randy, my husband, received a call that his mother had passed away during the night.  This was quite a shock as we were just there the night before for our regular Sunday routine.  The shock was more than words can describe and still today (months later) it's hard to grasp that she is really gone.  We only lived 5 minutes down the road from Ima (randy's mother).  We visited her almost daily and she was a BIG Part of all our lives in everything we did.


I haven't posted anything about this because I just really wasn't sure how to.  Then I read my friends blog and she put it perfectly.  "I alternate between joyful rememberance and heartbreaking sadness over the profound loss I feel."

A few years ago my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We didn't know what to expect, and I was torn as to how I could, for lack of better wording, "Bottle him Up". I didn't want my newborn child to never know his father. The only way I knew how to "Bottle him up" was to scrapbook the memories of him so Jaden would always know his father loved him.  Well, time has passed and Randy recovered and all is well, but know I'm faced with the same situation for my children's grandmother.  How to "Bottle her up" sort to speak for them the always remember. It is at this time that I am SO grateful that I am a "Heritage Maker".  I have the opportunity to make sure that her legacy lives on and is remembered through the power of storybooking.  

A dear friend of mine was working on her Blog book - from her inspiration I created a "Facebook Profile" book.  My neice created a FB Profile for Ima where family and friends could post their memories of this wonderful lady who had touched their lifes in so many different ways.  This book is the first publication of her legacy that my children now get to enjoy.

To view the book at it's best, click FULL SCREEN.


Less then a month later my uncle past away. My heart was torn for my aunt and cousins as I knew how they felt. We all know that our loved ones are now in a wonderful place, it's just now up to us to pass on their legacy to our children so they know what it means to be a "Sigua" or an "Earl". 


Using a template from the extensive Template Gallery at http://www.StoriesLastForever.com/, I have begun to memorialize each of these dynamic loved ones and I want to share this with you.  Above you've seen Ima's first edition to her Legacy that tells what a dynamic lady she was to so many people.  Below you will see the start of my uncle's book who was such an amazing example to everyone who knew him, especially his family as they tell his story.
With Story Maps to guide you, documenting someone's life doesn't have to be an overwhelming process. Step by step, you can have a leather bound, coffee table style book that will be almost as revered as the person it is about. But I suggest you start now. Don't wait until they are gone. Start today.
To view the book at it's best, click FULL SCREEN.
 
 
If you are ready to begin a Legacy Book, visit www.StoriesLastForever.com Today.