Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Magic - Gift Giving Moments...

I love reading and re-reading all of the christmas cards, newsletters, and emails that we got this year.   Such fun to see how well everyone is doing.  Thank you for sending them.  We treasure the many friendships we've made.

I've had the opportunity to hear some amazing "Holiday Magic" stories from many of you about your own family Christmas's. Thank you for sharing them with me, and I look forward to hearing more.  Please send them to me, and if you're willing to share, I'd love to post them here on the blog too.  Here are some of our special Holiday Magic Moments.

This Christmas was a bitter sweet one for us.  Earlier this year Randy's mom past away unexpectedly. It was really hard to celebrate the holidays with out her, however, it was nice to feel her spirit with us.  I didn't know what to get my Sisters for their gifts, but then a dear friend shared this Template with me and I knew this was for them.  Everything was great as I passed out their gifts during our Family Dinner, it was when they started to read it that the water works began.


The poem that Mary shared with me really fit the circumstances of the family.  Thank you so much Mary for sharing this with me to share with my family!


Another Holiday Magic Moment was when Teryn gave his little sister the princess book he made for her in his own account.  It was really sweet.  Teryn had taken his camera and dressed up his sister to take photos of her for his book.  I love the story line he created... you'll just have to read it as he read it to her.  :o)




I love how Marin still carries it around with her and asks Teryn to read it to her again and again.  Today was the first day she asked someone else to read it to her.  Kynan is sweet.  However, it's now got Teryn geared up to do another book for her!  Thank goodness he can do this all on his own basic account on dad's computer and not on mine! :o) 


Now for my parents... what do you give your parents!?  Right.  They have everything.  Well, almost! :o)  If your a friend of mine on FB you'll see how big of cry babies my parents can be, especially my dad!  Need proof!?
Waaaa....  ok, they really do cry a lot, but I didn't think he would over this.   I didn't get to take any photos of them opening it either (imagine me not thinking about a camera!!)  but it was amazing.

My dad ALWAYS say's this saying everytime we have a family reunion dinner, get together dinner, or in just a crowd of people where food is involved!!  I decided to put it onto a canvas for them to hang in the kitchen. His reaction when he opened it was priceless.  As he carefully took off the bubble wrap and turned it over to read it the tears streamed down his face (not the reaction I expected for a simple canvas!) "This is amazing" he said, "a thick, heavy canvas, wrapped in Pine. Thank you!"   SAY WHAT!?  My Dad knows about this sort of thing!?  ok, well he does work with wood, and materials... ok "You're Welcome, and thanks for making me cry... AGAIN!"

So for mom?

how about a family proclamation book with photos of the entire family.  (please don't laugh, I was an ugly child...)  Again, this was another crying moment.  As each page turned, words were read, and tears followed.




Well now that I've had my 2nd crying fest, I shall go and wipe my tears.  I hope to hear about your Holiday Magic Moments soon.   Happy Holiday's everyone!!

Warmly,