Monday, January 18, 2010

Dad's Christmas Gift!

This project was VERY important for me to finish for my dad this year. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and even planned to have it done for Christmas last year, but that didn't happen.

My dad suffers from strokes and is always saying how soon he's going to die, and that he doesn't think he'll last long after Christmas 2009.  I HATE that he does that!!  And THEN, this fall, we learned that his eye sight is failing and he had actually gone blind in his left eye!  His left eyeball is actually deteriorating and he needed to have a surgery where they insert this gel in the back of his eyeball to fill the hole that has formed.  He would only get 70% of his eyesight back.  So my urgency to finish his book increased like MAD!

My friend actually made this heritage book and I knew it'd be perfect for my dad, so I asked her to transfer it to me so I could use it and she did.  I'm SO excited how it turned out!!  The only problem, is my dad stopped writing in his journal!!  So I went ahead and published what I had for him to see it.



I worked on this til the last possible minute and didn't get it in the mail until the dad AFTER Christmas when mom and dad went home!! So I mailed it to him.  He was SO excited to get this. And my mom too, and they want to complete his story and publish it again!!  I'm SO thrilled that he loved his book and I can't wait to finish the rest of his story!