Monday, January 18, 2010

3rd Grade Christmas Projects!

I ran into Teryn's teacher while I was at Walmart and he looked in our cart and asked, "What fun, exciting projects are you guys creating?!"  I had craft boxes, foam brushes, and modge podge glue!  I explained to him that I was a Heritage Makers consultant and the project that I made using those items for Marin and brides.  He instantly loved the idea and wanted to do it as Christmas gifts for his students parents.

So, here are the pictures he took of us doing their class Christmas Project! 

Jasmine's Box - Teryn  is in the background, helping as my assistant!



Working on the projects! :o)



Having Fun!




 
We did 25 projects in 45 minutes!!

This was lots of fun for both me and the kids.  So, how did we do it?  Mr. Rowley - Teryn's Teacher, had the kids fill out a questionnaire of their likes, hobbies, fav food, place etc.  Then he gave me their notes and pictures and then I created their portraits on a 12x12 page.  I could fit 4 students per 12x12 page.

When they were delivered (mailed to me) I pre-cut them out and saved the scraps for kids to modge podge to the sides of their boxes, and then brought old stickers and other items I had left over from the "Tradional" days, LoL

Total Cost: $2 per box.

It's SOOoo much fun to see kids be creative!!  ;o)